Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Rigos take vacation

We are headed South to the land of central air conditioning, homecooked meals and wide open spaces.
We've got people to see and fried things to eat.
While we are on vacation, I've got one main goal...

:: in every moment :: 

I recently read the following quote on pinterest by Jim Elliot:
Wherever you are, be all there.

The photo above is a moment I captured between two people I've never met.
He was reading a book to his lady and spoke a language I didn't recognize.
Ducks quacked. Ferry horns bellowed. Kids ran wild.
And there they sat, calm and confident despite the noise around them, present in their own moment.
That's what I want for this trip.
I don't want to think about my to do list or what I'm missing on twitter or my inbox.
Wherever we are, whomever we're with, I want to be all there.


So I'll extend the challenge to you as well...
Wherever you are, be present and enjoy it.

I'll instagram a bit while we're away and hopefully come back with some family recipes to share with you.
xo

11 comments:

  1. It's so funny (and sometimes sad) how we can be so far away sometimes from the important stuff that is right in front of us. I love this challenge and I am trying my hand at it, too. (Love that quote also.)

    Save travels, Molly! Have a wonderful time!

    XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the moment you captured in this picture - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time being "all there" in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you so much for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder to be all there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to remember this as well! I promise to take on the challenge :) Have a great time back home. Kiss your parents for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your vacation! And thank you for that really important reminder. I think we could all use that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! So Israeli of you! Enjoy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, do people not have air conditioning in NYC? Let's have a moment of silence for that, shall we?

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh