Friday, August 24, 2012

A recipe for your weekend

 
My granny has a recipe called Koolie Cookies.
I have no idea how they got their name, but let me tell you, they are better than good.
My granny would send me back to college with a making of the salty sweet treat & they would last about 15 minutes between my pal Amy and me.
 
It's quick and it's easy. Probably too quick and easy.
 
You need 1 cup of each
sugar
light (not dark) corn syrup
peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
+
a bag of fritos (scoops or regular)
 
Spread fritos closely together onto parchment paper, tin foil or a baking sheet.
 
sugar, then syrup, then peanut butter

 Mix sugar and syrup in a boiler over medium heat.
Add peanut butter and stir until blended together.
 
Pour evenly over fritos.
 
Cool for at least an hour. Cut into squares.
 
Congratulate yourself on self-control and enjoy.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. yum! we used to make this same thing, but with corn flakes instead of fritos. that way, it almost counts for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet, crunchy, salty...shall i go on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOO delicious!!!!! I could eat the whole pan by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep.... Had those a many a time with you! Yummmmmmm!!!! I want some NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I think I need to make those tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh