Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The thing about New York





It's big city and yes, you share it with over 8 million people.
But the thing is...
The thing about New York is there's a place for everyone.
There is room.
There's a park bench, a coffee shop, an open window.
A library alcove, a spot of grass, a back corner booth.
It may be a nook here or nook there, but it's still a piece of New York, inviting you to stake your claim.
In a city of millions with a myriad of tourist attractions, it's wonderful to take a deep breath and say to yourself...
This spot, tiny as it may be, is mine.
My own New York.

8 comments:

  1. that is the truth. everyone fits in here somehow, some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. That's my favorite thing about big cities, and what I miss about living in one--having your own spot, that almost feels like a secret because you are in a place so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, Molly. thankful you're enjoying your spot. miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this.

    I think I have a spot in my city too. And it's a pretty good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad would like this post.

    I liked it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This should be a folk song I'd listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me tear up as I think about relinquishing my lil' spot of NYC.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh