Wednesday, May 23, 2012

'round here

                                                                                                                  photo by my friend @missxnikol

It's hot, muggy & rainy in New York City and I've got a feeling it's only going to get hotter and muggier.

A furry creature with a tail got confused and thought our apartment was it's home. J was at work, I had girlfriends over. You'd have thought the level at which we all screamed would've been enough to kill the thing dead in its tracks. Unfortunately not.

Justin and I went to our first Yankees game. The weather was perfect and the Yankees won. Win, win.

The Most Dramatic Season of The Bachelorette Evahhh is underway. Try to control yourself. Or gather some wine and cheese and sopressata, mix in some of your fave girls, and dole out your best judgey comments live on twitter.

I have a little surprise to share with you hopefully sooner than later. It involves my (southern) accent and a video camera. Hey-o.

Lastly, everytime I steal a peek at this new name, at this new space, I get excited all over again. It feels right and good and very me. So basically what I'm saying is, I look at this place, my spot among the interweb, and I am grateful.

It finally feels like home. Minus the furry creature with a tail.

14 comments:

  1. I am a fairly new follower, but this is my first comment! Love your new layout!! and the new name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, welcome to you, Sarah! And, thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Cannot WAIT for the Southern accent. I am so ready.

    Your coffee looks so YUM.

    Trying to get you all on the East Coast to wait 3 hours to watch Bach so I can join the Tweet party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or... you could fly over to the East Coast every Monday night. I don't think that's excessive at all :)

      Delete
    2. I think that is an excellent idea.

      Delete
  3. Hilar! We had that problem a lot at my home in R.I...once it was a flying squirrel...because scurrying wasn't enough. I am catching up on Emily tonight...plus Bridg's blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's pretty nice over here. :) Lovin' it.

    I can't believe you had a furry friend visit your apartment! AHH! In our last apartment we had a whole bunch. Awesome right? Meg was alone one week last summer and she saw TWO and she locked herself in my bedroom without her phone for a whole day and a half. Haha-- I just kept getting emails like, "COME HOME NOW I AM FREAKING OUT". She wouldn't even go to the bathroom! Finally she worked up the courage to grab her phone and flee. I still crack up every time I think about that. TOO FUNNY.

    Or really, not funny. But after the fact, it always is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a mouse - eek! so fun you guys went to your first yankees game - i love going to baseball games here. so fun to see you tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Most Dramatic Season of The Bachelorette Evahhh - Love this. It always is, right?

    If your furry creature with a tail is the same kind that got confused in my house shortly after we built it, I feel your pain. Never thought I'd be so scared of something so little. We had them for a few weeks (pains of new construction) and I think I cried every day. I also avoided my kitchen and laundry room until the little buggers were gone. Bob had to put my lunch in the den every day before he left for work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second paragraph got me chuckling. I wish I could have seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo to the furry creature. I have stories of such things, but they are best left untold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your new blog identity. i love your new blog layout. i love my recently received happy mail. i love you. thanks a million for being such a special friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. New reader here as well. Love you! Love your writing style. You are a breath of fresh air and a beautiful soul. I've been loving Adele's "Fire to the Rain". The simple piano solo at the beginning of the song is so great.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh