Wednesday, May 16, 2012

back, back in the New York groove



Welp.
I am home.
I went home to Alabama and returned home to New York.
It amazes me still that two very distinctive, quite different places can simultaneously feel like home.

Looking at the horizon's glow from my window seat caught my breath in the back of my throat.
It was almost too beautiful if there is such a thing.
The wheels of the plane had not even touched New York pavement before my mind was rolling.

Calls to make. Meetings to attend. Groceries to buy. Friends to celebrate. Family to stay connected with. Bags to unpack. Pictures to edit. A blog to write. Lists a mile long to cross off. This city fosters busyness and my mind and body were responding before my feet even hit the ground.

It takes both for me. City and country. Being busy, being still. A healthy combination of both.

At the end of that plane ride, a man stood waiting for me.

And at that point, I was confident of two things:

I am home.

and

baby, you'd better believe
I'm back, back in the New York groove.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!! Glad you enjoyed your vaca and that you made it home to J safe and sound! Can't wait to see those edited pictures and read the afore mentioned blog post! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horizon's glow was so, so beautiful, indeed. Glad you made it to one of your homes and your man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The best feeling is coming out of one home, where you got to totally unplug, and head back, completely recharged and hitting the ground running.

    You go girl. Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that picture. and love even more that you're back because it means i get to see you - like last night!!!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh