Friday, April 6, 2012

Hattie I + her parents, too



















Our friends Rob and Hillary got married and had a baby girl named Hattie Ilene.
I can officially say that our apartment is big enough for 4 adults and a 10-month-old.
We so enjoyed having them here in the city with us.
I loved having a baby crawling around on our (swept) floor and taking a bath in our kitchen sink.
We filled our days talking and laughing and eating J's good cooking.
Hattie also managed to get a tour of a local clinic here in NYC.
A 104.7 temperature will do that.
One day, I came home to fresh flowers + a ballooned + bannered apartment compliments of Justin and Hillary.
However, one of my favorite memories was listening to Hillary sing to Hattie before she went to sleep.
I can still hear her voice singing a song she penned for her girl to the tune of Edelweiss.
Hattie I, Hattie I...
I am telling you, it was simply beautiful and still gives me chills days later.
Justin and I know we want to have kids one day, but until then, and even then,
we will continue to love the ones around us. And their parents, too.


12 comments:

  1. fun, fun times! grown up spend the night parties are the best!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is cute! and baths in the bathroom sink. man those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie. I love the picture of you and J's reflection...reminds me of the one of Drew and I real big in our dining room.

    Also is that a new red chair?

    And - the Edelweiss part put tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hattie is so beautiful! Nothing like having a house filled with a sweet little baby. It just adds so much love :)Glad you all had an enjoyable visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lots of respect for parents who can get their baby to sleep in a strange studio apartment where four other adults are sleeping. Hats off to them.

    Also your place is looking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy sweet baby face! What a little doll (and the mohawk - excellent choice!)

    Friends are the best, especially when they come with lots of love, cute babies and balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blue eyes! Love the hair spike photo- one for the family album.Rx
    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's fun playing with babies for a few days :)
    sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Sweet and looks like you all had a great time. I just wish it was herreson that had been in that sink. Well... he would not have been able to fit in it now ; ) I hope you had a great easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hattie's eyes are just gorgeous! I love having little ones around - it makes me excited for the days that we will have kids! And a bath in the kitchen sink - I love it! My sister did the same thing with her son when she came and visited a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well of course she's beautiful...her name is Hattie and all. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh