Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wait, I have a blog?

You guys! The Rigolosos are alive!
I woke up this morning and thought, I haven't blogged in a month of Sundays.
We've been a busy pair, my man and me.

Our friends in Nashville own an awesome company called Rail Yard Studios.
They make one-of-a-kind pieces of furniture from salvaged + rescued railroad material.

They were invited to the prestigious AD show in NYC and recruited us to join them.

The fellas

...and the ladies.
Erica stayed with us this past week and we became fast bffs over our shared love of coffee and boots.

Impeccable attention to detail around every corner at the show. More pics to come later.

Proof the men were working hard.  

Proof that Justin worked so hard, his pants split.

Celebrating a successful show.

:::

In other news...

Spring came to New York City.

I, along with millions, saw the Hunger Games.
And I was not disappointed.

My friend Catherine just returned from The Netherlands and she brought some
special chocolates for the midnight premiere.

Justin is continuing to perfect his mad skills in the kitchen.
His first pizza, homemade dough + marinara, was slapsomebody good.
I'm so proud of him.

And last but certainly not least...
I got to meet Nessa of The Absurd Tales of Casa Braaflat.
She is a wife + mother, not to mention a total knockout.
Our coffee date was way too short, but long enough that I walked away thinking, that's the kind of mom I want to be.
If you know Nessa, you know she is funny and kind and beautiful.
And if you don't know her, you are missing out on one the most endearing women on the internet.

:::

All right, friends.
I'll be back soon with more pretty pics from the AD show if you are into that kind of thing.
Happy Spring.

16 comments:

  1. Architectural Digest?!?!?!? I just died a little in side. Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it. And that pizza looks awesome! I might have to change my dinner plans. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait wait wait. you didn't tell me your friends were behind that venture?! i remember obsessing over their furniture when i lived in nashville (i heard about it from a local paper i think?) you are too cool for school molly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are livin' the dream!! :) So glad I can come along for the ride through your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good thing j wears underwear... that's all i have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love you, Julia. The funny thing is... he almost didn't wear any that day. Things could've ended much differently :)

      Delete
  5. nessa! how fun!!

    and those flowers! and justin's pants (too funny). and.. what else. oh, i'm diggin the guy's hair in the middle. a good cut plus the salt and pepper look?? good.

    too much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you remembered you had a blog! I have missed you here. I'm glad Spring came to NYC, and really glad J had on those underwear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, it must be said, you are so pretty.

    Second, Drew Jones would buy every single piece of furniture your friends sell and fill up a chic man cave with him if we could.

    Third, Miss miss miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That flower arrangement is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Molly, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are so delightful! I enjoy reading your blog so much and really enjoy reading what you have to say. You have such a lovely "voice" and something that keeps drawing me back here I think is that you seem so sincere- and I really admire that! You and your husband always appear to be having such a great time together- it's really nice to see! Anyways I usually don't comment - but I should because sometimes you come across a gem of a blog and right away you feel like you "know" the person in some strange way!!

    P.S. AD OMG- I wasn't even aware this show existed- ah the perks of NYC...

    Laura

    gracefullysearching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      What kind words! Thank you for taking the time to leave such an encouraging comment. Truly, it means so much. xoxo

      Delete
  10. i am a Nessa that also like your Nessa... (does that make sense?) I also love your city. I am reading and now love you blog. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been up to some fun things! I love that picture of NY in the spring... pretty trees and the taxis make a good contrast. can't wait to see more pictures of that AD show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, my friend. I feel horrible that I forgot to call on 4/2. I thought about you all day and then when I got home and was finally free to call - I got busy and it slipped my mind. I love you and hope 29 is wonderfully fulfilling! See you soon, friend! 32 days! :)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh