Wednesday, March 21, 2012

date nights





You will not come up short on entertainment in this fair city of ours.
Theatre, museums, cocktails, dinners.
And while we love those things, sometimes our dates look like this:
Reading in bed, content to just be near one another.
Other times, the siren call of Shake Shack beckons us and try saying no to that.
In case you are wondering, Justin recently finished the first book of The Hunger Games.
Subsequently, I purchased our tickets to the midnight premiere this Thursday.
I'm excited, I won't lie.
May the odds be ever in our favor and may Shake Shack live forever. Amen.

12 comments:

  1. haha - yes, may shake shack live forever! sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are seeing Hunger Games together. I was just telling my husband that he might like it since it's adventurous and addictive and all around awesome. Did you have to convince your man to read it or was he willing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley! I told him the same thing- that I thought he'd like the action and suspense of it all. Additonally, the underlying political and social themes drew him in once he started reading. Good luck with your man!

      Delete
  3. dammit. when will shake shack come to Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like goodness and fun. I am so excited about seeing the hunger games. I have read all three ( well almost all of three ) . Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunger games fever!!!!

    CAN. NOT. WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your date night sounds perfect! Sometimes we like just a simple dinner and reading too. It's the best when you're with someone who doesn't need something big and exciting all the time. Sometimes simple is best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get started and read Hunger games... I'm falling behind the times! Also, I want to take that Cheeseburger DOWN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are pretty much our date nights always. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. Sometimes we choose this type of night over going out. Well....most times. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited about the HG movie. I convinced my husband to go after reassuring him that it was " not like Twilight".

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh