Wednesday, February 1, 2012

the brooklyn flea








Last Sunday, Justin and I met our friend Claire at the Brooklyn Flea for a little browsing and shopping.
It was worth the trip for the building alone.
I loved the vaulted doors in the basement... proof that this structure has a history to tell.
We found some sweet vintage glasses. A certain pair of cateyes stole my heart, but not J's.
My favorite find of all? The classic typewriters.  Old beauties restored to tell another tale.
If you have a chance to visit the Brooklyn Flea, do it.

It's quite the magical place.

13 comments:

  1. the building in williamsburg where they put it in the winter is so awesome. love popping into it every now and then. and yes, love the picture of you in glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the cateyes, Colleen! I knew I could count on you.

      Delete
  2. JEALOUS!!! so looks like an awesome place to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those ceilings are breathtaking.

    I fear there is nothing as magical here in Ohio. But we'll be together and that will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just being together... that is all I need, friend.

      Delete
  4. When I read the headline, I was really afraid that it was about fleas. Like fleas on dogs and somehow you had gotten them in your apartment.

    I'm so glad it was this instead. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am so glad it wasn't fleas either. That would not be fun at all.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe I still haven't been there! Outdoors has its merits, but the building is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have always wanted to go to this, the building looks gorgeous! and, i'm a sucker for a pretty typewriter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all i can say is WOW What a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog now
    Even though you're not famous
    Someday soon you'll be

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh