Friday, January 13, 2012

today


As soon as I clean the house, I will turn around twice and it will be time to clean it again.
And we don't even have kids. It's just the two of us Rigos living here.

There will always be more laundry to wash, dry, fold, put away, repeat.

To-do lists? Seemingly endless.

Phone calls to return. Plans to make. Money to earn, spend, save.

You haven't seen any cupcakes or glittered nails or fancy fance dinners posted on my little blog this week.

Life has just been life. And I hate to use this word, but it's been b u s y.

But here's what I am learning... I don't want to miss beautiful little moments getting caught up in the fastness of it all.

The way Justin reaches for a hug before he goes to work.
The cheery sounds of my parents' voices on the phone even after their own long day.
The assurance of friendship in the quickest of catch-ups.
An unexpected card in the mail.

I don't want to get so caught up in being busy that I forget to just be.

To be a good wife and daughter and friend...
This is the moment I've been waiting for.

Here's to enjoying the little moments even when there are dirty floors to sweep and snot noses to wipe.
I hope you find some and hang onto them tight.

Happy weekending.



my friend Candis wrote something similar earlier this week that tugged on my heartstrings and made me realize I am not alone in this fight to just enjoy the now.

5 comments:

  1. happy weekend to you too molly! thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Molly, please get out of my head. I have been feeling this way so much lately. And I can just hear my know-it-all sister's voice (I love her a whole lot but she is a self proclaimed unsolicited advice giver) saying, "You think you're busy now, just wait until you have kids."

    I can't even process how I will handle everything with a baby someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great weekend! This is a good reminder for me to let go of my to-do lists for a minute and just soak in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good word miss rigo. good word.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh