Tuesday, December 13, 2011

the pineapple

I love a pineapple.
Not only are they tasty, but they represent hospitality.
And if there's one thing I long to be, it's hospitable.

Justin bought it for me as a surprise and I love it so.

My little pineapple is really suppose to be an ornament, but after traveling around our apartment,
I think it's made it's home next to the books on our window ledge.
I love the gentle nudge... be kind, love well, show grace.

When I sell liquor, it's called bootlegging;
when my patrons serve it on Lake Shore Drive, it's called hospitality.
Al Capone

Christmas is a season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall,
the genial flame of charity in the heart.
Washington Irving


7 comments:

  1. love that al capone quote. and that pineapple looks awesome on the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, hospitality! We love a good pinapple in our household too. Recently we found original tin ceiling tiles from old buildings in philadelphia sporting a pinapple, and have been framing and giving them to friends as house warming gifts. (in hopes that we will always be welcome to crash...?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love pineapple. and that one from j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! It looks perfect on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute little p-apple. Good job J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your pineapple (that sounds dirty).

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh