Thursday, December 8, 2011

a festive night out

Last week, Justin and I meet up with Colleen and one of her pals.

We passed Rolf''s on the way to dinner.

They haven't really decided if they are going to decorate for the holidays or not.

Molly's Irish Pub was our destination.
Their decor was cheery and not as inyoface.

I really wanted this place to be good since we share a name and all.
And let me tell you, best blue cheese burger I've ever had.

As we were leaving, we saw an interesting sight.

A big truck carrying Christmas trees at a complete halt in the middle of the street.
A guy on the truck talking to a guy standing in the road.

And then this happened...

That's one way to buy a tree in NYC.

The proud new owners.

That's one of the many reasons I love New York.
You never know what you are going to encounter, but you are assured one heck of a good time.

15 comments:

  1. This post makes me happy. That Rolf's sure is an amazing sight, adding it to my NY wishlist. And I can't believe you took a picture of the tree buyers! You rock, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so would not want to be the driver of that big rig in NYC, would you? How cool though that he had a load of trees. You are so cute in that menu pic. I'm hungry as I type this and wish I had one of those burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love, love, love this post. i heart, heart, heart, heart, heart it so bad. i want to go back to molly's (with you). and i'm so glad you captured and shared the ridiculous tree-buying we saw. only in nyc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so random. nyc is good for that. the randoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing made me laugh this morning. I'm glad Molly's didn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, Rolf's decorations are totally over the top. I like it. I need to go there for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg... that's hilarious! and holy christmas at rolfs! sheesh... i kind of love it though... not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting way to purchase a tree! And not gonna lie I'm pretty jealous you get to meet up with Colleen for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I love it! Just buy a tree right off the road. You never see stuff like that in boring old Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha...so good. I love blue cheese burgs. yum.

    love the sarcasm about the christmas decor, lol'd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO fabulous! Wowzers at Rolf's decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AH! I want to got to Rolf's! And have you do the captions for all my photos because you make me giggle like a little fool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly and Justin: I loved reading your blog. You are so wise to keep a record of pictures of your life together in every season of your life. And you are so right - it passes very quickly. Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful Christmas card. I look forward to receiving it every year to see what's going on in the life of Mr. and Mrs. Rigoloso. I love NYC. Can't imagine living there, but I know it must be fun. My best to you and Justin for a very Merry Christmas and a very blessed 2012. Ginger and Jimmy Morris

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! That restaurant definitely went all out didn't they... it looks epic. And the Christmas tree truck? even more epic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is hysterical! love it =)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh