Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thankfulness of heart

Rockwell source
I was sitting on my couch in my New York City apartment making the final check over my Thanksgiving meal grocery list when the feeling nearly overwhelmed me... I have much for which to be thankful.

A husband who makes me feel loved and valued and protected. He makes me laugh and he's super handsome, too.

My family who mean the absolute world to me, who hold places in my heart like none other.

An array of lovely and talented friends. Some I've known for years, others I just met this year.

Health and shelter and sustenance. Even more, I have luxuries like soft pillows and extra blankets. Stacks of books and a stocked pantry. Wardrobe choices and jewelry and perfume.

I hate the cyclical trap of thinking I need more, desiring to have more... when really I am surrounded by more love than some people will ever know.

And at the end of the day, that's all I really want.

To love and to be loved.

And that's my wish for you, too.

Whoever you are, wherever you are, I hope you are surrounded by people who love you fiercely.


To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition.
Samuel Johnson

For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child;
Friends on Earth and friends above, for all gentle thoughts and mild;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.
For the Beauty of the Earth, Folliot Pierpoint

When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
Willie Nelson

Happy Thanksgiving, all.
You are loved.

10 comments:

  1. ::smile::

    this is wonderful. thanks for posting molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, and so wonderfully true. I especially love the Willie Nelson quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you are loved!

    Such a great list, Molly. Can't wait for family to get here now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful molly. it is wonderful to see your love for J overflow (and his for you). also love the willie nelson quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet. and i just can't help but mention your quote from willie nelson. seriously brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all! I bet Willie is blushing from all the compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY THANKSGIVING MOLLY!!!! You are Loved very much and i am so thankful for your friendship. I honestly could not imagine my life with out you in it ( as sappy as that sounds )! I love you and miss you ohhh so much!!! I hope you have a fantastic thanksgiving. I will be looking for you when i watch the parade today.
    i love you,
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Molly,

    I just started reading your blog recently and I love it. What a great list-- yes, we all have so much to be thankful for each and every day. It's overwhelming sometimes when I stop and think about all I have. And really, how lucky I am.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh