Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I pretty much feel awful.

original source unknown

Sorry I have been absent, friends.

I've got a sinus infection or cold or someothersuchnonsense making me feel yucky.

My husband has been awesome, making me hot tea and potato soup.

One of my best friends came for a visit and we had a blast, even if I didn't feel sprightly.

And that novel I'm writing? It's yelling at me to Get back to work! Don't forget about me!

But right now all I can do is muster up enough energy to make my way from the couch to the bed, from the bed to the couch.

Want to know something that made my day? A sweet friend & blog reader sent me a Starbucks gift card. Out of the blue. Makes all those days typing away for this blog of mine worth it. To know that someone gets me, that they like me enough to gift me with coffee... well, it makes my heart happy.

Hang with me, friends.

Good things a'coming.

ps... How are you feeling? Hope you are happy and well.

15 comments:

  1. I can't help myself... This is the first thing I think of when people are sick... I blame Matthew Broderick

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6Vg5Mirg4

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Molly... hope you are feeling much stronger soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you're sick. I was definitely missing you on your blog. I also had a writing tip I read in an interview with Roald Dahl once. He said that you should always stop writing for the day when you are at a point where you know what is going to happen next. That way, you don't avoid coming back to it because you aren't sure what to write next or where the characters are going. Instead you come back ready to start right away. I hope sinus relief comes your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everett and I miss you, so we're slightly depressed but making it until you return.

    Love that tip, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh molls, feel better. definitely missing you, but glad to see that J is taking such good care of you! and a starbucks gift card, a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But you look fabulous all laid out on that couch in couture! Glad to make your heart happy, you deserve some latte love. A bit of selfish motivation too--fueling your book writing with caffeine will hopefully get a "by Molly Rigoloso" book in my hands sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling blessed to be real life friends with you and spend time chatting with you.

    Feel better soon my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad, Elizabeth! I hope it helps you ladies along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. boo, damn infection or someothersuchnonsense!

    feel better soon, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

    laurenjeanallece- You make me laugh.

    Lynn + E- Great tip. I'm trying to follow that as we speak.

    WhitMc- I like you so much. Thanks for having such faith in me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. brutal about your cold but how nice about the starbucks gift card. it would certainly add some sparkle to your day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hoping your 100% soon, dear Molly. i've missed you, too; been checking in numerous times for an update.

    oh, and "the door" made an appearance ;) : http://ourvapor.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/pumpkins-pictures/

    thank you, again! we're really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate feeling sick! Hope you're feeling better soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry, i hope you're fully recovered by now!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh