Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Questions Answered, part 7

Hey pals. I missed you guys. I changed up the Q&A logo on you. How do you like my 'stache?
I slept as little as possible this past weekend so I wouldn't miss a single minute of my Boston trip.
I'm still catching up on my glamorous life (read: laundry + grocery shopping), but I'll share some highlights with you later this week.
Today, let's talk movies.

. . .
Q: Name your quintessential New York movie. And your quintessential southern movie.
. . .

Quintessential NYC
Jack Taylor to daughter Maggie: Maggie, when you grow up and are incredibly beautiful and intelligent and possess a certain sweetness that's... that's like a distant promise to the brave, to the worthy, could you please not beat to a pulp every miserable bastard that comes your way simply because you can? Could you not do that?

Maggie: Okay, Daddy.


Joe Fox: Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do, although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them.

...

Kathleen Kelly: What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you.

Quintessential Southern
Truvy: Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.
...

Truvy to Clairee: This is the 80's Clairee. If you can achieve puberty, you can achieve a past.
...

Truvy: What are your colors Shelby? 
Shelby: Blush and Bashful.
M'Lynn: Her colors are pink and pink.
...

Ouiser Boudreaux: This is it, I've found it, I'm in hell.


There are so many great NYC + Southern movies, I had a hard time narrowing my list.
What are some of your favorites?



credits one two three


20 comments:

  1. STEEL MAGNOLIAS! I swear if that wasn't your answer I was going to have to talk to you. It is the best, the best, the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your three choices! I can never narrow down my favorite movies...and to be honest, I always have a hard time remembering which movie is which.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen- It's so great, isn't it?! And so very, very Southern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got mail. love that movie.

    and gah, there are so many nyc movies. no idea how to pick. s erendipity might be one (hence the frozen hot choc that i want to bad). but i just recently saw the one with ginnifer goodwin and kate hudson... cant remember the name. anyway, they kept visiting shake shack in it and i was reallllllllly wanting to go there and eat lots of food. that has nothing to do with it being a quintessential ny movie though, eh?

    for southern... i love me some sweet home alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B- I will take you to Shake Shack and you will wonder how you how lived your whole life without it. Serendipity and Sweet Home are some of my faves, too. I love Ginnifer Goodwin, so Imma need to know about this nyc movie of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. something borrowed. i looked it up for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. B- Ohhh yesss. I read those books. Need to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Home Alabama
    Look at you, you have a baby.... In a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kkd- Why do you want to marry me anyhow? So I can kiss you anytime I want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly, we are movie soul mates. I have You've Got Mail memorized. When I got my first laptop, I was so excited because it was a "fancy" one where the CD-ROM would also play DVDs, and I bought You've Got Mail on DVD along with the laptop. I second kks--Sweet Home Alabama is up there for me and Southern Movies. I love the Molly question series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WhitMc- A hotdog is singing. You need silence when a hotdog is singing?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Molly, you know I love you more than my luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite quote from Steel Magnolias?

    "Drink your juice, Shelby!"

    My friend always tell me that when he wants me to quit annoying--an equivalent to "shut up!" if you will.

    The 'stache is very mysterious indeed! I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. True*Lu- There are so many great quotes from that movie! I like that take on Drink your juice. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lurve When Harry Met Sally (as an NYC movie) and shoot me now: I love Sweet Home Alabama. Can I be Reese when I grow up? No? OK.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie- You can be Reese and I'll be Meg and we'll be bff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choices, my friend. Further proof that we truly are kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh