Friday, October 7, 2011

The light over me

It's perfect actually.
The evening air is cool and crisp.
Definitely boots and scarves weather, but you won't be miserable.
The venue is somewhere out of doors, down by the water, under a star dotted sky.
With some of those exposed bulb lights on a strand that confirm this party's gonna be a good one.

J's wearing one of his famed plaid button downs with the sleeves rolled up and his favorite pair of jeans.
I'm sporting a flirty dress and cowgirl boots.
And even though he knows the answer already, he asks me if I want to dance.

And we do.
He is big and strong and makes me feel small and wanted.
I smell his cologne in the crook of his neck and smile knowing he's wearing it for me.
I have no doubt that in his arms on that cool, crisp night is exactly where I want to be.



Oh sometimes the blues is just a passing bird
And why can't that always be
Tossing aside from your birches crown
Just enough dark to see
How you're the light over me
The Dreamer, Tallest Man on Earth

Happy Friday, all.

7 comments:

  1. You are such a great writer that I felt like I was there with you, watching the two of you dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was an awesome little visual. i bet you two are the sweetest couple together. and after this weekend i'll be back in the real world so let's see each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! So precious, so romantic... this made me sigh... in a good way. You are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He's big and strong and makes me feel small and wanted." Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So romantic. I agree with LL, you should write a book. Or two.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh