Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wishing Well

So I told you about our friends Deanna + Scott & their recent trip to visit us.
We had a great time together as you can tell in the 50'leven pictures we took.
But what I really wanted to tell you about was this particular part of their trip...
I don't know what Deanna wished for, but later that very same day...

this happened.

And then this.
He asked her to marry him and she said yes.

I am so happy for my friend.
I cried right then and there. Happy tears for one of the best women I know.

Deanna + Scott... we love you both and wish you everything good in this life.

All I want is you, will you be my bride
Take me by the hand and stand by my side
All I want is you, will you stay with me?
Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea.
Barry Louis Polisar

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! :D Congratulations to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get the eff out!!! so exciting, yay for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is fun that you got to be present for such a special moment! Looks like you had a great time with them. You have been the hostess with the mostest a lot lately. Your parents then Deanna. Is it ever going to be our turn? only if robbie and i could get our junk together and book a flight! miss you and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. That is awesome. I LOOOOVE a good engagement and they even got pictures of the moment now! Nice!

    And will you say this to your friends for me, "Girrrrrrl that rock is biiiiiiiiiig!"

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proposing in NYC. Scott, well-played.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the happy responses, you guys!

    I am certain Deanna + Scott feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post. You have such a way with words! You told our story beautifully! Thank you my friend for the great pictures! I looked over at you and saw you getting out your camera while Scott was talking to me and I was like "YAY!!! I'll have pic's of this moment!" Love you and save the date of May 6th! Small wedding or not you have just GOT to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Times Square, am I right? That's gonna make for a reaaaaally good story one day. "Kids, there we were in New York City..."

    Love a good proposal, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. E- right, you are. Scott said he wanted to do it in a memorable, iconic place so that anytime she heard it said in random conversation, she would think... That's our spot! So sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best for the best! So happy for our girl (and Scott too...he's getting the best end of the deal)! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh