Thursday, September 8, 2011

A random list of wants


I want to have fresh flowers in the house more often.

I want to collect more art. Things I love just because I love them.

I want to spend more time in the kitchen cooking with my husband. Music and candles and time, the only things allowed to join us.

I want to find a nail color for Fall that makes me feel every bit of the magical season.

I want to express how much I love Pandora: a whole, whole lot.

I want to believe the truth about who I am and forget all the lies I so readily believe.

I want to be a better wife.

I want to be present. In this year. In this month. In this day. In this hour.

I want to go dancing. And wear a flouncy dress.

I want to buy some acrylic paint and dare myself to try.

I want to be a better listener, really hear what someone is saying, not just the words.

I want to drink more water. Okay, I really don't. I want to want to.

I want to be a more thoughtful friend.

I want to spend our 5th anniversary in Boston.

I want to give myself grace for past failures and confidence to try and try again.

I want to be real. In life. In this space.

I want to dream big and look fear straight in the ugly face and say, You can't get me.

I want you to tell me what you want. Even if it is just one thing.

Go ahead. I dare you.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. Mae West

16 comments:

  1. i also want fresh flowers and i also want to always be present. that is such an important one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go for a walk today.

    Great list MollyRigo. I am inspired and I totally think you should give painting a try. As well as tell those lies to take a hike. I agree with everything you wrote.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list - and you ARE one of my most thoughtful friends so I think you can cross that one of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have I told you lately that I love you? I couldn't finish this post before I started crying. I think I am a tad bit emotional today. I will come back and read this later when I can think straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val- you are kind to say so.

    Shannon- aww, I love you back. I definitely understand emotional days. Come back anytime, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to this list.

    On my list is cliff diving. It used to be skinny dipping in the ocean, but I conquered that one on my 21st birthday. Bam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5th anniversary in Boston! I like that idea...especially since that's where Mike proposed/I had my most embarrassing moment evah. I just might steal that idea from you.

    This might be a little silly compared to your list, but I hope my hairdresser doesn't eff up my bangs today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post.
    I want to want what I have.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin- Skinny dipping?! And thus, I love you even more.

    E- Feel free to steal, I think it sounds perfect for you two. And now we know your bangs look great. Hooray!

    kkd- So true. I am with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Molly. I just saw your comment on Reagen's blob and hopped over to check you out. (My name is also Molly...so naturally I knew you were awesome. Also, I really enjoyed your simple heart-felt comment to Reagen).

    But I digress...what I want to say is that you are a doll and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog for the last 15 minutes. It warmed my frosty Park City, Ut heart (its already getting nippy here). Thanks for being real and fun and darling and all things Molly. I see really great stuff in you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lovelove this post, creative and totally makes you think. I want my daughter to look up to me. I want to want to exercise regularly. And I want to put together classy stylish outfits on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Molly- Hello! Welcome. I love you.

    WhitMc- Oh I want that too! Children who look up to me, wanting to exercise on the daily with classy stylish outfits to boot. yes yes yes

    ReplyDelete
  13. cracking up. good list. i want to get out of my house and go to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah Barry- Would you please come visit me?! Dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! This is for your tatt's report (for some reason it wouldn't let me comment on that one!)...listen, friend, I love a tat. there. I said it. it's out.

    with that said. I'll probably never get one. while I can appreciate them on other people, I have an issue with permanently marring my own body. and I, too, don't want to be a granny with a tat. that's just me.

    but boy, oh, boy, do I find it sexy (usually) when a man has a tat..or a sleeve...ha! I'm just saying. don't judge me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to reconnect with my oldest dear friend. I'm at work and havent been working because I am mesmerized by your blog and your elegant words! Oh how we've grown. "God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." (2 Corinthians 9:8 ESV) so try try again!! Speaking of grace...i gotta get to working!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh