Monday, September 26, 2011

Questions Answered


First of all, thank you guys for asking such great questions.

Justin even got his own personal question which was awesome by the way.
I'll see if I can hornswoggle him into writing a little guest post.
He's the best storyteller I know, so even if he writes for you guys, I'll secretly be wishing we were altogether somewhere so you could get the full experience of a Justin story.
Like maybe sitting around a campfire with old quilts and adult hot chocolate and stars.

Until then, friends, you get me and the old blog!
I'll be answering your questions a couple days a week, maybe more maybe less,
until they are all answered and you are all happy.

If you think of something else you want to ask, go for it.
I've closed out the comments on the original post, so you can no longer ask questions there.
Email me instead. molly (dot) rigoloso (at) gmail (dot) com


And away we go.
Q: Since you and Justin are both only children, would you consider just having one MiniRigo?
Then you could stay in NYC and afford an au pair!!! It's a fool proof plan.

A MiniRigo?! That's the cutest thing I've ever heard.
I've always pictured myself being a mother to many.
The actual number has wavered through the years from 5 to 3 to 4.
I don't know how many we'll have, but Justin and I both agree that we want children.
More than one and probably more than two.

Please remember that I loved my childhood as an only child and I wouldn't change that for anything. Nor would I ever want my parents to think I wish they'd made a different decision regarding children because I don't.

I do, however, have this dream of a house filled with kids. All different ages. Coming in and going out.
A big, wooden farmhouse table with everyone gathered 'round from young to old.
Some feet not even able to touch the floor yet.
Artwork scattered. Music playing. Something yummy simmering on the stove.
Rocking babies because they are mine and I can rock them if I want to.

I had this very experience with my own family of three.
Our house was always open. Music played. Delicious food consumed.
It was home and it was warm and welcoming and you wanted to stay awhile.
What I learned from my childhood is that I want to create that sense of home and family whether we have one child or five. Whether they are biological or not. Whether they share my same skin tone or even if they don't.

I look at Justin sometimes and think, There's no way our kids will escape dark, curly hair.
But I'll tell you what else I think about having kids with my man...
He'll be one hell of a dad.
I don't hope it or wish it or cross my fingers for it.
I know it.
And honestly, it makes me want to get all Michelle Duggar on you and have about 18 of them.
M+J with our godson, Herreson, as a wee babe

J and sweet Caroline, daughter of some great friends

The idea of raising children in NYC is fancy and boasts many a temptation.
The culture! The seasons! Central Park!
But I think the Rigoloso family may have relocated by the time MiniRigos come into the picture.


Justin's at work right now as I sit here blogging on our microsuede buttercream corporate apt couch.
Here's a conversation we just had via text as I typed this post.
It's too rich not to share...

M: How many kids to you want?
J: Are you at the store now about to pick some up?
M: No, but I am answering blog reader questions.
J: Enough for us to be able to get our own reality show.
J: But for reals... 2 or 3.


I wonder how he feels about 18.

11 comments:

  1. Justin, I WISH there was a store to pick up babies. I'd be like, "Yes. I'll take those two blonde baby girls right there. Thankyouverymuch."

    Molly, it sounds like you're serious about your soccer team. Your text to Justin probably should have been, "Come home now, you stallion."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minirigo's IS a great name. And I will testify that there is nothing like a story told by Justin Rigoloso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for:

    -minirigos
    -marrying husbands that are/will be great dadios
    -our duggar complex because of this

    i'm going to steal your birth control in Boston so you have to go home and make-a-some-baybays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin- Ha! I probably should have said that.

    Lynn- Thanks for always being such a fan of my man. Makes me happy. :)

    Candis- Hooray, indeed. And Boston. Oh, Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! you both WILL be great parents. I too love the name minirigo

    i laughed out loud to J's response about you picking some kids up at the store. Typical.

    PS - whats going on in Boston?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! MiniRigos are going to be the best and you BETTER NEVER STOP BLOGGING, so we can all stalk the minis, otherwise I may just have to stalk you in person because they are going to be the cutest, evah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for minirigo's! You guys will be such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linds- taking a lil Boston trip :)

    WhitMc- Ha! I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, although I don't know how you working mama bloggers do it all! Thanks for your sweet words about the minis. I think they'll be rather cute myself.

    Ms. Stubbs- Thank you friend! Your blogger profile name's gonna be a-changing soon! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember at Sassy's wedding, Justin was telling me a story (nurse to nurse) about a KRRRAZY patient he had one time. If I remember it right, she grabbed him around the neck, pressed him into her chest and wouldn't let go. I was laughing so hard. And to this day, I still use the word Normalsaline (pronounced like Normazalean) with nurses and patients when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah Grace! What a great memory! That might be one of my fave stories of his... and there are many. I always love getting a comment from you. It's been too long, friend. Hope you have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh