Friday, September 2, 2011

Mama + Dad in New York City // part one

Ottomanelli muffins are the best way to begin any visit to NYC.

I think Mr. Otto knew us by name by the end of my parents' trip.

We braved the rain and hit up Serendipity for a Summer Bries sammy and a frozen hot chocolate.

Dylan's Candy Bar for a Belgian chocolate treat

Roosevelt Island Tram for great views

My Dad got to meet an NYPD officer which made his day almost as much as seeing the FOX news building.

He treated my mama to an early birthday gift.
Audrey would be so proud.

The picture on the left is from last August when my parents visited us in California.
Now we have a similar shot from the East Coast.

Rockefeller Center got a little makeover directly above our heads.

 The 30 Rock farmer's market was so colorful and the spot where the Christmas tree stands felt magical even in the summer.

Top of the Rock. Literally the best views of the city, hands down.

Told you so.

I do love NYC tourism because that translates into our family and friends coming to see us.

My friend Deanna and her man Scott are flying in this afternoon.
It's a busy time at the Rigoloso abode, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm out. Happy Friday. It is Friday, right?

7 comments:

  1. Yay you did top of the rock! Also, i see that guy painting everyday and oh my word...let's just leave my thoughts at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over the cuteness of your parents. You dad and the nypd! awww. and your mom with the tiffany box, adorbs. You're looking pretty in your striped shirt as well. so much fun...and now more guests! more fun! yesssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, your parents are so cute! Looks like they had a great time!! I love all of your pictures, those views are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Molly, I found your blog through E Tells Tales and just wanted to say hi! I love reading the adventures of other young, married couples in NYC. And your parents visit looks much like what ours do when my husbands parents visit, hitting up all the best food :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen- I am interested to hear your other thoughts... email me? Ha!

    Lady Lee + Lacey- I think they are super cute. I'm glad you do too!

    Meggie- Welcome friend! And yes, we ate our way through the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I heart the frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity...mmm. And you are right, the view from 30 Rock is spectacular! It is like the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my parents just came to visit as well! it's so fun having the chance to show them your city isn't it? i live in victoria canada so it's not quite as neat and fast paced as yours but it's so fun to share all of your favourite spots!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh