Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome, August. I can't believe you're here already.

 

Right now I am wondering what happened to July.
I am hoping the heat wave has left NYC for good.
I am excited J is off work for a couple days.
I am wondering what adventure awaits us.
I am looking forward to visits from family and friends.
I am craving cherry limeade seltzer.
I am missing my grandmothers.
I am getting into Mad Men. Trendsetter, I know.
I am detesting our cable package.
Will someone please give me Project Runway updates?
I am cooking a new recipe tonight for dinner. Check this place.
I am still very much in love with The Big Apple.
I am officially out of coffee.

Be nice & stick around awhile, ok, August?
Happy Monday to you.

"New York... it's building after building, little compartments filled with possibilities."
Mad Men

Edited to add:
Good News: Erin totally came through for me... Project Runway Season 9 online! Thank you Erin!

12 comments:

  1. August totally surprised all of us...I can't imagine living in NYC...it'd be so overwhelming for me! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously where DID july go? can't believe it's already august...but i must say im looking forward to a little less heat around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe it's already August! This summer is going by waaaaaay too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. August definitely caught me by surprise! I hope it lingers around for awhile:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe it's August, ahhh I'm not ready for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh August... I wish it would go away and bring me back June and July... seems my summer vacation flew by without much actual vacationing! I am however looking forward to fall with its football and cooler temps and a trip to the Big Apple to see my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been out of coffee since we left for vaca last week. Which wasn't a big deal until we came home yesterday. I miss my morning cup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess August pulled a fast one on all of us.

    @Deanna: Can't wait to see you, friend. You are on the calendar!

    @Shannon: We need to get our priorities straight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well hello fellow new yorker. I like your bloggy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl! You can watch Project Runway online!! I don't have cable, but if you go to mylifetime.com, there are FULL EPISODES! I was almost late for a doctors appointment yesterday because I was busy watching the first episode of this new season :)

    (Also, Colleen is my blog friend, and it seems like you two get along, and I think we could too! Love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can offer any Project Runway updates you might need. Anya=My New Lady Crush. Oliver Green=Where is his the biography on this kid because I want to read it.

    And I just got into Mad Men too. Don Draper-love him or hate him?

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh