Friday, August 5, 2011

Thinking Fall

It seems like Fall has begun creeping up on the interwebs this week.

House of Pumpkins / Dallas Arboretum / Fall 2010

Pumpkin recipes on pinterest.
Cute cardigans and boots on polyvore.
Rust colored decor and DIYs floating around blogland.

The cooler months of the year are my favorite. I admit to being quite in love with Winter, but there's something so very special about Fall.

That first crisp morning.
The warm hues of the trees.
Hot cider.
Pulling your sweater around you just a little more tightly.
Football games.
Recipes that call you to linger a bit over dinner.
Pumpkin carving. Candle lighting. Making the jack-o-lantern come to life.
Breaking out the scarves.

Indeed, there's a certain magical feeling to Fall. After last week's heat wave, I vow to soak up every cool second Fall brings, to relish colorful walks in the park, to savor every cup of hot refreshment.

Here's to my official internet declaration of love for Fall.
Come whenever you are ready. You are welcome here.

Happy Weekending Friends.

19 comments:

  1. i love fall too - especially college football - but i remember just how long and cold this past winter was and try to appreciate summer. although that is hard to do when i'm waiting for the subway, it's 100 out and i'm covered in a ridiculous amount of sweat. but still. i try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen- I am trying as well, but I agree with you... the subway in the summer leaves much to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I am so not ready for Fall, I love me some summer! (A little bit of a cool down wouldn't be awful though...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- I am a cool weather girl at heart, but don't get me wrong... I enjoy summer. I just enjoy it best when I can be oceanside drinking a cold concoction listening to the waves crash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready for fall too! This hot weather is killing me - and you know that's strange for me!

    Are you guys coming down for any games? Let me know if you are and maybe we can plan a rendezvous?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val- oh how I would love that! Not sure just yet, but you will be the 1st to know. How awesome would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the fall too friend. Its my favorite actually. I'm with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the fall too! the pumpkins, the hayrides, the football games, the 70 degree highs (in AL that is!) i don't do good in weather under 70, so i only like fall when it first comes....haha..too bad in AL it doesn't come till about November. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. agreed!!!! Fall needs to come soon!!! I'm ready for anything and everything it brings!

    Fall + Winter = Favorites

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie- Uh oh. We may have found our first difference. I don't do well in temps over 70. :)

    Mrs. Kee- I am so glad to hear I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of Fall as well, although Winter is my all time fav! It been a record setting 35+ days of 100+ heat in Dallas... I am so ready for some cooler temps (and college football!!!)bring on the fall... I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deanna- I do not miss that Dallas weather. That fits in the category of ungodly, I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love fall, but I never really want summer to end.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love Love LOVE Fall {or Autumn to some!} Come visit in the Autumn, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah! i CANT WAIT to feel that first hint of fall in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  16. stop it! it's still in the hundred and TEENS in my city! You're making my salivate over fall. And that first photo is IN SANE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love the fall, too! I think the in-between seasons of Spring and Fall don't last nearly long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do love the Fall but I'm ready for Spring over here in Australia!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh