Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our fancy night at The Carlyle

As promised, here are some of the highlights of our fancy schmancy dinner out on the town.
Something about a little black dress and jewels and heels that makes me feel like a true Jackie O.

The Mejia's were our dinner companions. Such a lovely pair.

J's appetizer / beautiful charger / my crème brûlée 

I could have lived in the old Hollywood glam lobby

J & Rafael inquired about The Carlyle's hotel rates.
The classic (lowest tier) could be ours for $1000 a night with the highest tier topping out at $15,000.
Pocket change, really.

My favorite part of the evening. I get to keep him.

Apparently, I was a bit like Jackie O. for the night after all.
Seems the Kennedy's would have approved of our restaurant choice.

Now, I'm off to book a room.

6 comments:

  1. Just book us all a room! :) What a romantic and snazzy night! Y'all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. much much fun! every one needs a night on the town every now and again.

    those hotel rates! oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very beautiful molly, as always! i wish it would have been me and robbie with you guys that night. No offense Mejia's. WE mish you both madly and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...looks fun. Creme brulee...oh my...one of my fave desserts. Art will definitely be up for booking a room at the Carlyle when we come visit. :) I love the reception desk..is it a dark blue gloss color? You and J tear up the town night after night don't you? I can't remember the last time I donned an LBD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh looks like such a fun fancy night. You look beautiful! Was the food so yum? Go head and get a room for us too. No low tier, lets go for the 15 grand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous! I'm soo jealous! I need a night of a little black dress, pearls, and a fancy dinner! Although I can do without the hotel, the last two times Jared and I have gotten to stay in a hotel we have had a baby 9 months later (well, this last one isn't here yet) :)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh