Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our picnic movie date

I think it was one of our favorite nights in NYC yet.

We went to the Summer Film Festival at Bryant Park.
I wore navy stripes and kelly green, a winning combination if you ask me.
Our meal? Perfect homemade sammies, some manchego & some kind of flavorful fancy chips.
And a chocolate, chocolate chip cookie for a lil' something sweet.

A few other people had the same idea.

Justin caught up on current events.
And yes, the blankets were just that close.

Our attempt at a picure together produced this charmer.
I think J's laughing?
Meanwhile, I haven't learned where to look when taking a self-shot group pic on my phone.
 At the camera hole? At myself? At the button I'm pressing?
Apparently, I went with All of The Above giving myself a nice crossed eye.

We watched the sun fade against our city, darkness rushed in and then it was time.
The movie began and everyone stood up to cheer and dance.
Watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with 1,000 other New Yorkers was amazing.
The energy was electric and palpable.

We bid our sweet city goodnight vowing it was one of our favorite nights yet.

Please teach me how to take a self-portrait on my iphone, lest I look cross-eyed for the rest of my days. 
Please and thanks.

5 comments:

  1. LOL. Look at the camera hole. I love your skirt. that is TOO funny you are wearing that because just this morning in the city I told myself I want kelly green pants or a skirt...no lie. We are on the same wavelength. What an awesome New York thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at manchego and chocolate chocolate chip cookies.

    But watching a movie in Bryant Park with 1000 other people?

    What a sweet life you are living. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What app. did you use for those first couple of pictures they are so great. This post makes me miss a bigger city. There is always something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the picnic, what fun! The pictures are great, love your curls, (J's too!) love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the picnic movie date night! So fun! I am so glad you guys are loving NYC, although truth be told... Dallas misses you a ton! :) XoXo

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh