Monday, June 6, 2011

Dear June, What Happened to May?

Dear June,
I like you and all... in fact, I think we're going to have a great time together.
I just don't know what happened to our friend May.
She was filled with many a good time even if she passed by all too quickly.

we celebrated Mother's Day
Dad, Granny, yours and Aunt E

and tried to capture as many sweet memories as possible on camera
Dad, Mama, Nana and yours truly

two of my fav ladies
my Dad's sister and my Mama

we laughed, talked, ate, rested, repeat

perfect hydrandeas from the backyard and fresh fruit salad also known as heaven

pear salad, a traditional Southern dish

we made time for dinner at our fav Tuscaloosa hole-in-the-wall

the cooks are amazing and friendly and fiesty all at once

we welcomed the newest addition to the family, Dad's tractor
affectionately known as Little Red


And lastly, we enjoyed many a late, breezy afternoon with Miss Grace

So, June, you've got some big shoes to fill.
However, I'm quite confident in you.
Here's a tip or two... keep up the pleasant weather and dinners in the great outdoors.
Thanks.
Love ya, mean it.

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love this post. :) I also agree...where did May go?! Time flies so quickly! I really can't believe it.

    I also find that restaurant hilarious with the drink thing. WOW hahaha xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved may too. You were here and i got to spend some time with my best friend. I miss you and love you lots!!!
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at Gracie! I can't believe it!

    And jealous of your Nick's in the Stick's visit!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh