Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Celebrate we will

Justin is off work for the next three days.
I think we shall celebrate.
Because we can.
Because we should.
Because we have a swell time together.
Because we love this city.
Because we love each other.
Because life is short.

Celebrate something today.
Paint your nails.
Buy a frivolous magazine and peruse it at your leisure.
Wear red lipstick.
Look at yourself in the mirror until you find something you love.
Take a walk.
Enjoy a nap.
Buy a bouquet of fresh flowers just for you.
Call a far away friend.
Smile at a stranger.

Celebrate this day.
Because you can and you should.


Celebrate we will, for life is short, but sweet for certain.
D. Matthews

5 comments:

  1. Yellow pants thing is hilarious...I mean, who has yellow workout pants? ha. Have a fun celebration! Your post title had me singing the Two Step lyrics immediately....one of my fave songs! I plan on going to the gym and then reading the English magazines (that cost 9 euro a pop, so I don't buy) in the bookstore in the train station...my gym's in the train station too. Nice ghetto life I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, that was my thought exactly... who has yellow workout pants?! And why did they look good? Enjoy your train station celebration! As far as the song, I guess we needed another reason to be bff. :) M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time together! Quality time is the best! Scott and I are still looking at dates for a visit to NYC! It seems we have a really full calendar for the next couple of months! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, anytime, friend. You know where we live. Hugs to Scott. And to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love D.Matthews and I love this post.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh