Thursday, May 12, 2011

houses for dolls

When I was little, my Dad made a dollhouse for me.
Complete with wallpaper and the smallest pieces of furniture you ever did see.

When my friend Deanna was in town we visited FAO Schwarz and lo...
they have a whole section dedicated strictly to dollhouses.


This kind lady, employed by FAO, was nothing if not passionate about her job.

I couldn't get over all the options for dollhouses.
Cribs for the nursery, pedestal sinks, clawfoot tubs, marble countertops... seriously?!

The seating also caught my eye.
You have options in leather and leopard lips if that complements your decor.

My favorite? The chandelier and other lighting options.
I am happy to report that the lights are, indeed, functional.
It just so happens they run on a watch batteries or so the kind Dollhouse Lady informed us.

If you are in the market for home furnishings of the dollhouse variety, boy, do I have the place for you.

1 comment:

  1. you may already be back in New York, but you aren't by chance coming through Birmingham are you?

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh