Wednesday, May 18, 2011

back in the saddle... I think, I hope

Hello friends, bloggers & blog stalkers!

I have missed you!

Life lately has looked and felt a bit like this picture I took accidentally...


I have been in our home state of Alabama for the past three weeks.
Justin was with me for the first four days of the trip, then he had to return to work in NYC.
We survived the Tuscaloosa tornado, but were left heartbroken for the damage done to our city and
our friends.
We were suppose to close on our house, as in sell it to another lovely soul, but had to postpone the closing.
So we wait. A little bit longer.
However, while at home, I did get to celebrate Mother's Day with my own Mama and both my grandmothers.
I also got to say goodbye to my sweet 94-year-old great-grandmother.
She was a beautiful woman, within and without.
Being home to hug her once more, kiss her forehead and whisper I Love You was a gift, although the timing was unexpected.

In lighter news, I went to the coast for the day with my family and soaked up some much needed
vitamin D...

and ate at our fav restaurant.

We prepared for a yard sale. 
I cleaned out my room for 4 days until I ached.
The grand day of the sale came and so did a rain storm you wouldn't believe.
I did find 140 bucks in 10-year-old graduation cards whilst cleaning out my room, so I'd say it wasn't a total bust.
Blogger ate a post I did on dollhouses and then made it reappear just as I began writing this.
Whatev. I guess that's what I get for being gone so long. 
Do you guys even remember me? Hello, my name is Molly and we're friends, remember?

I am now back in the city I love...

with the man I love...

who may or may not have a broken foot.
We shall know sometime in the near future via an MRI.

At least I'm home. And at least he's all mine.
Ace bandage and protective boot and all.

Being apart from your other half ain't no place for the weary kind.

It's good to be back in the saddle, again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I'm sorry about your great-grandmother, and Justin's foot, and your house, but I'm glad you're home and with your man. It was so good to hug your necks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you made it back safely! i know justin is glad to have you back. We miss you down here all ready and can't wait to see you again. I love you!!!
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you! i'm so sorry about your sweet great-grandmother, but what a gift to get to say goodbye. hope and pray that you get to close soon! glad Alabama still meets your approval... hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh