Thursday, April 21, 2011

Success

Easter shoes from Tarjay.

I assume New Yorkers don't dress for Easter Sunday with as much fervor as you'll find in the South.
This is my first Easter away from home.
Whether I was in college or 4 hours away from home and married, Easter Sunday called me home.
It feels strange that my attire this year includes jeans, albeit dressy ones.
Don't get me wrong, I think I was six the last time I wore a hat and gloves to church, but still.
Easter means Spring and seersucker and summer white.
And new shoes.
I couldn't let the tradition die.
Thank you, Target, for helping this Southern girl find a little piece
 of all that's good & right in this world... wedges.
Because it's Easter, afterall.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your thought on the newness of things at Easter.. we are enjoying beautiful weather, pretty flowers, reminders all around of how blessed we. [I do include being from and in the South one of those blessings!]Knowing that the resurrected Christ made all things new is THE reason to celebrate. Have a wonderful Easter in the City. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like those. I will be visiting my Target to try them on. Happy Easter friend!
    Melissa D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter in the South.. nothin greater

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love fun shoes! happy easter, xo!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh