Monday, April 11, 2011

a celebration of sorts

she's the one on the left sporting the fashionable crocs

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
CS Lewis

Meet Lindsay.
Lindsay and I go way back. As in college.
As in should she decide to ever give up the dirt on me, I would be in trouble.
She's the kind of friend that everybody should have.
Encouraging. True. Crazy fun. Spirited.
All that, and she's pretty, too.
And talented to boot.
She's an artist. A photographer. A teacher.

Today is her birthday and I'm states away.
It's no fun being away from your friends on Their Big Day, by the way.
So I thought I'd celebrate Linds with a lil tribute over the interwebs.

Happy Birthday, Linds.
I love you.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with all the things you said in your tribute to Lindsay. So true and she is another daughter to me and I love her very much! Thank-you Lindsay for your friendship and for honoring me with the title "Nana Lil" for that sweet Herreson. YOu and Robbie and that sweet boy have a fun day on YOUR DAY, Love, Mrs. Lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you molly!!! i do not deserve a friend like you. I just wished i could have celebrated with you too!
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh