Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a lovely, lovely lady

Justin was off work tonight. Those are my favorite kind of nights.

One subway ride later we were here... Union Square.
At  Barnes & Noble.
Why Barnes & Noble for a date night in the Big Apple?

Because this lady was there.

Ree Drummond. The Pioneer Woman.
Perhaps you've heard of her. Or read her blog. Or eaten her food. Or laughed out loud at her humor.
Or all of the above.

Her love story came out today

and she graciously signed copy after copy & talked to you like you were old school friends

She is just as wonderful as you hope she will be.
I marvel at some of the many things she does so well...
wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, photographer, cook, author, blogger.
And on top of all that she is beautiful and kind.
And absolutely hilarious.

Ree's brother Mike calls her his 'lovely, lovely sister.'
She may not be my sister, but I can agree with Mike.
She's one lovely, lovely lady.

Special thanks to my man for hanging with me in a room filled with mostly women. I have my very own Marlboro Man.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! I'm so excited for you! She's one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know her stuff but i will check it out. your pictures make me want to visit so badly. I have never been to the burros of New York. There is so much i still need to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondey! That picture of you two is great! And of you three. How much fun. I bet she won't come to Graz any time soon. Is it warming up over there? I am finally seeing blue skies today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't she wonderful! I recently met her in Arkansas. She was so humble! I absolutely love her!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh