Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the promised sweet treat

Hey Friends! Greetings from Nashville, TN!

We are having a blast on the Great Road Trip of 2010, but I couldn't wait any longer to share this fun winter treat with you now that it's officially cold outside!

you will need...
peppermints // marshmallows // powdered sugar // skewers

unwrap your peppermints
{use candy canes if you prefer}

crush your peppermint
don't worry if you have some larger pieces...
 this is a great exercise in character building for those of us who may be a tiny bit on the perfectionist side, just sayin'

mix approximately 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water
you will want a thicker consistency
use more sugar if your icing is too runny, more water if it's too stiff

 dip half of the marshmallow into your icing
pay little attention to my un-manicured nails. thanks.

now my favorite part...
dip the marshmallow icing side down into your peppermint pieces

allow approx an hour for the icing & mint to firm

hello, pretty treats

place the peppermint mallow on a skewer

serve these yummy treats with a cup of hot chocolate and you will have a crowd pleaser!
i always have a bundle sitting on my kitchen countertop during this season...
a sure sign that winter has come and Christmas is on it's way!

7 comments:

  1. These treats look yummo! I'm going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The supply you gave me is all gone. I am pretty sure I will be making more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's officially cold here too! 36 degrees today!
    I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so BEAUTIFUL, mols!
    love you and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, mmmm! Did you find any boots?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I now must offically move from stalker to commenter. These are absolutely adorable!! So questions (if we want to make ourselves)... are these appropriate to fill a tin with and give away (as in not serving with hot chocolate)? Do people just pop them in their mouths? I love this - and I've never seen it anywhere. But I love you more.
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Molly! Thank you so much for sharing. And thank you SO INCREDIBLY much for making Ttown a stop during your travels. Seeing you guys was a breath of fresh air (along with a side cramp - I hadn't had a good laugh like that in a long time! Thanks a million :)

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh