Thursday, October 7, 2010

round here

so i just had to take my mom to the airport to catch a flight back home.
that's never a fun event in my book.
especially since she's one of my favorite people ever.

she's been in Dallas with us for the past few days
and we have savored every minute of it.
especially the minutes we picnic'd away down by white rock lake.

we shared meals & drinks & laughter
we missed you, Dad!

we appreciated the sweet decor

really? yes, really... it was just as good as it looks... and then some

we hit up another local Ft Worth fav

Joe T. Garcia's

outdoor dining at it's finest

the sweet photo-obliging husband & me

thank you, Mr. Garcia.
we will be back. promise.


i don't know if I have ever told you how much I love packages.
specifically snail mail.
my friend Julia knows me well.
 Jules, you made my day. seriously.

two packages in one week, what?!
my sweet dad also knows me.
coffee from a local roaster in my hometown.

and my issues of House Beautiful that are still mailed to my folks
with some of my favorite Fall treats.
And one of my Dad's signature moves... the self-portait.

i love my family.
i love my friends.
and i love weeks that bring unexpected visits & packages from them.

4 comments:

  1. Too fun!! Oh, your sweet Mom, and the package from Dad was precious. :)
    Your friends love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of and missing you so much lately! I have recently thought of Justin being picked up off the floor by the woman in the hospital bed and missed his tender spirit and funny stories. Your pool key is hanging on my key holder, and I've missed your sweetness and chats by the pool (or chats anywhere). I'm glad you got some time with your mom. We miss you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got your happies in the mail:) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' your photos and jealous over your fun packages.

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh