Thursday, August 12, 2010

to California with love


Dear California,

You have been a very good home to us.

I wish I could bottle up your weather & send it back to Alabama for keeps.

I love the way your wind blows the sweetest {and strongest} breezes along the Bay.

You make outdoor activity in the summer a wonder & not an oppression.

Your views aren't too shabby, either.

You have given us the perfect mix of big city & island living all wrapped up into one.

I cannot begin to name all the wonderful adventures we have shared here within your borders.

I feel we have adapted quite well to life without a car... even when bundling up our groceries.

You make meeting up with friends read like a script in a movie...

See you at Park & Santa Clara around noon?
Your rolling hills dotted with lovely home after lovely home make me think I am in another country.

Why are you so beautiful?

I wish you could be our home for a while longer, but another adventure beckons.

Will you be here waiting for us to visit you again? I promise we will return!

Would you please remember us with the same fondness as we remember you?

We will tell all our friends & family just how beautiful you are.

Although I have attempted to document our days together here on this little blog, your memory will long remain an imprint on my heart.

Indeed, you have been a very good home to us.

Signed,
Smitten Northern Cali girl

P.S. my humbled gratitude for obliging my request to keep the earthquakes to a minimum.


photo credit tporter via flickr

our new home as of the end of the month
recognize the skyline?

10 comments:

  1. Chicago??
    --Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are amazing! Not sure about the skyline...do tell. Read the comments on my Party Chic blog post...I have an idea for a traveling adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not fair, Molly! How am I supposed to guess what skyline that is? My only guess was Chicago, too. Please confirm or deny. (I loved the post!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would accept that kind of weather anytime. I am loving your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wish i could have slept on your CA couch. can't wait to hear about the next adventure!! loved our phone date today:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! what a great post! Where are you moving??

    ReplyDelete
  7. DALLAS! When do you go? How long will you be there? I think Nashville to Dallas (or vice versa) might be a Southwest flight...just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good job, Val! I was hoping someone would guess it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next stop... Dallas!!! YAY!!! I can't wait! See ya soon! XOXOXO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, am thankful to California for being such a good friend to you guys. I have LOVED getting a taste of it myself through your wonderful photos and documentation. So enchanting, to say the least. I know you will miss it. What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh