Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all

Pumpkins make me happy! Maybe it's because they are a sure sign that Fall is here and Christmas is on the way!

My very first truly {homemade} pecan pie! Homemade crust courtesy of Nana {I haven't fully mastered the technique yet}. Pecans straight from Nana's backyard. Scheduled to be devoured at J's Mom's Thanksgiving dinner this weekend...if it makes it 'til then!

I am so thankful for this time of year to purposefully reflect on the blessings we have. I cannot imagine what life would be like without the love of Christ, the Giver of all good things. It is because of His unconditional love that we can love each other. I am thankful more than ever for my family and my friends who are my family. I hope you are enjoying the season to be thankful for those you love dearly! Happy Fall to all yall!


1 comment:

  1. Fall is definitely my favorite! Enjoyed the pumpkin and pie pics . . . beautiful baking, my friend! :)
    Thank you again for blessing my family by lavishing us with your talents and gifts. I love everything that you made - so thoughtful, so perfect! I am so thankful for you. Enjoy time with the fam!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh