Monday, August 24, 2009

A Mid-Summer's Visit

My best friend from back home, Mary Beth, brought her children up to Tuscaloosa for a visit before their cousin's wedding in Birmingham. I am so thankful I had the privilege of spending time with 3 of my favorite Dothanites!

During their stay, we went to The Children's Hands On Museum where Madison & Mitchell {my namesake} got to make Indian necklaces, fly a space shuttle, make milkshakes and even visit a replica of DCH {our local hospital & Justin's place of employment}.


Mary Beth is one of the most amazing women I know. She is a teacher in Dothan- any parent who has a child in her class can rest assured their children will receive an excellent education. Among being a wife, parenting & teaching, Mary Beth just finished her Masters and I am so proud of her!

I do pray that one day Justin and I will be blessed with children and when that day comes, I have an amazing example of a godly & committed mother in my friend. MB, I really don't know if you realize what an amazing mother you are. You are always ready with an answer that is understandable and kind. You use everyday as a teachable moment. I love your children and I love the way you and James are raising them! Please write a book {in all your spare time} for the rest of us! J and I totally enjoyed your visit! We cannot wait to see you all again!


Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22 v 6

7 comments:

  1. Molly, I can't wait to meet your kiddos (a boy and a girl , of course :) You too are going to be such a wonderful Mommy! Thank you for being such a kind friend to me. I appreciate how you have served our family during this past week. You are a blessing! Look forward to Thursday,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    Love the pic of you and Justin at the top!
    You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love CHOM!! Glad you had such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Mary Beth and James! I am so happy they are doing so well! Their kids are beautiful! Glad you and J are well! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly ~
    It's me again! :)
    Thank you for your comment on our blog . . . I am glad your heart was encouraged. I have to remind myself of those truths daily.

    You have blessed my heart so by your willingness to serve our family. Thank you for making the trip to our home yesterday, despite how you were feeling. I love Claire's room, thanks to your work. You are so talented, so loved, and so greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Molly! Thanks so much for the email! I love when people come out of the old blog closet...It makes it more fun to write when I feel like I know the people out there reading :) You look really familiar. I am sure we passed each other often in the Dothanite world. I wish so badly you could be at that finish line this weekend. I feel certain I'll just be so thankful to be done, I'll love on whoever happens to be standing there :) Thanks again for the encouragement and for saying hello!

    ReplyDelete

good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,

and just as hard to sleep after.

anne morrow lindbergh